Cyber-crime is constantly on the rise, and many smaller businesses are extremely vulnerable as a result of ineffective cyber security.
IT security solutions are essential for all kinds of businesses, particularly when you think about how important the internet and your digital systems are for your day-to-day operations.
In 2017, more than 46% of UK businesses suffered a cyber-attack (Cyber security breaches survey 2017) of some sort, and without the very best in cyber security solutions, many of these businesses have suffered as a result, with decreased customer trust and even the actual theft of personal information.
How Your Business Can Benefit From a Cyber Security Solution
- It Can Protect Your Business – The biggest advantage is that the best in IT security cyber security solutions can provide comprehensive digital protection to your business. This will allow your employees to surf the internet as and when they need, and ensure that they aren’t at risk from potential threats.
- Protects Personal Info – One of the most valuable commodities in the digital age is personal information. If a virus is able to obtain personal information regarding your employees or customers, they are quite capable of selling that information on, or even using it to steal their money.
- Allows Employees to Work Safely – Without the best cyber security solutions for your business, you and your employees are constantly at risk from a potential cyber-attack. If your system, or even individual computers, become infected than that can really hamper their productivity and even force you to replace computers.
- Protects Productivity – Viruses can slow down personal computers to a crawl, and make working on them practically impossible. This can cause a lot of wasted time for your employees, and can often bring your entire business to a standstill.
- Stop Your Website from Going Down – As a business, the chances are you’re hosting your own website. If your system becomes infected, there is a very real chance that your website be forced to shut down. This means that not only will you be losing money from missed transactions, but you will also lose customer trust and certain viruses can often do lasting damage to a system.
- Denies Spyware – Spyware is a form of cyber infection which is designed to spy on your computer actions, and relay that information back to the cyber-criminal. A great cyber security solution, such as Fortinet’s FortiGate firewall, can prevent this spyware from taking effect and ensure that your employees’ actions remain private and confidential within your workplace.
- Prevents Adware – Adware is a form of computer virus which fills your computer with advertisements and is fairly common. However, all these adverts can really have an impact on productivity and can often allow other viruses to enter your computer once you’ve accidentally clicked on them.
- A Consolidated Solution – The very best kinds of IT security for your business will offer a comprehensive solution to protect against a diverse range of issues. Ideally, your security needs to include a firewall, anti-virus, anti-spam, wireless security and online content filtration.
- Support Your IT Expert – It might be unpleasant to hear, but most cyber-criminals will have much more experience than your average employee when it comes to digital crime. The best IT security systems can provide your team with the features and support that they need to effectively fight against even the most determined criminal.
- Inspire Confidence in Your Customers!– If you can prove that your business is effectively protected against all kinds of cyber threats, you can inspire trust in your customers and clients. They will then feel more confident when purchasing your products or using of your services.
Cyber threats are becoming more sophisticated, and those that would do harm to your business networks and data are using smarter methods to identify any vulnerabilities in your IT security system.
Choosing an ‘all-in-one’ security solution may seem like an enticing, cost-effective option for your business, but can you guarantee that it will protect your entire network?
When protecting your business’ data, you should take a similar approach to how you would protect your own house.
You start with the door, it provides a visual indicator that protection is in place. However, if it were to be tested, it would be quickly penetrated. So, you buy a lock. The lock helps limit the number of threats that could get in to the house, but the lock can still be picked.
Next, you would install an alarm, to tell you if someone had breached your security, to provide you with an opportunity to respond to any threats immediately.
Could the backdoor be easily opened? Are the windows locked?
By putting in place these layered security measures and considerations you have put steps in place to minimise the risk of penetration.
Contact us today for a detailed Quote at email@example.com / 065 819 4709